Part II Structure (15 minutes)
Directions:This part is to test your ability to construct grammatically correct sentences. It consists of 2 sections.
Directions:In this section, there are 10 incomplete sentences. You are required to complete each one by deciding on the most appropriate word or words from the 4 choices marked A),
B), C) and D). Then you should mark the corresponding letter on the Answer Sheet
with a single line through the center.
16. By the end of this year Mr. Smith ______ in our company for exactly three years.
A) is working B) has worked C) will work D) will have worked
17. I think that the Great Wall is worth ______ hundreds of miles to visit.
A) to travel B) traveling C) traveled D) travel
18. The new staff didn’t know how to use the system ______ I explained it to him yesterday.
A) until B) because C) if D) since
19. ______ is reported in the newspapers that the talks between the two companies have not made
A) That B) What C) It D) As
20. ______ by the failure of the project, the manager could hardly say a word.
A) To be shocked B) Shocked C) Be shocked D) Shocking
21. The first question we now discuss is ______ we should go there so early tomorrow.
A) whether B) where C) what D) whom
22. He was attending a meeting, ______ he would have come to your party yesterday.
A) unless B) when C) but D) or
23. Enclosed you ______ an application form that you are asked to fill out.
A) will find B) find C) found D) are finding
24. The auto industry spends large amounts of money on marketing campaigns ______ young
A) attract B) attracted C) to attract D) attracts
25. The advertising company recently hired a designer ______ had once won a prize in a national
A) whose B) which C) whom D) who
Directions:There are 10 incomplete statements here. You should fill in each blank with the proper form of the word given in brackets. Write the word or words in the
corresponding space on the Answer Sheet.
26. Your daughter is (luck) ______ enough to have been admitted to this large company.
27. After an (introduce) ______ by the chairperson, we’ll go on with the day’s discussion.
28. We must keep the manager (inform) ______ of the advertising campaign.
29. It is suggested that the president of the Union (make) _____ a speech on behalf of all the
30. Having been badly damaged by the earthquake, the city has to be (rebuild) ______.
31. She described the ancient city in detail because she (live) ______ there for years.
32. The new university graduate is confident of (win) ______ the post as the assistant to the
33. Successful companies concentrate (much) ______ on selling their products to their existing
customers than to their new ones.
34. The local economy depends (heavy) ______ on the exports of manufactured goods.
35. With such a short time (leave) ______, it’s impossible for us to finish this complicated
16.[答案]D17.[答案]B 18.[答案]A 19.[答案]C 20.[答案]B 21.[答案]A 22.[答案]D 23.[答案]A 24.[答案]C 25.[答案]D
26.[答案]lucky 27.[答案] introduction 28.[答案] informed 29. [答案](should) make 30.[答案]rebuilt 31.[答案] had lived 32.[答案]winning 33.[答案]more
34.[答案]heavily 35.[答案] left